Sunday, April 17, 2011

A brand new blog and already I'm slacking..

Alright, it's been over a week, I KNOW - almost TWO weeks since I have written.  Gee, what will all TWO of my followers think of me..?!  (...Since one is my dad, I'm really not worried, hehe).

It's been a busy two weeks adjusting to my pump (still yet to be named, which is a big issue for me.. I'll have to give myself a deadline since my mom nixed the name "Bernard"... Any ideas?) and hosting my dad for the weekend and writing down recipes and shopping for Easter foods and returning to the gym after my long hiatus (booyah, Sweatbetes! Take that!).  Anyway, no more excuses.  Here are some updates.

I won't bore you with all the details of my New York trip with my dad, or as he so affectionately calls it, the "Diabetes Tour 2011" (hehe), but I will let you all in on a little secret.  We ate junk food ALL DAY.  From 10:20 AM to 8:40 PM I ate three donuts (!!!!!!!), three macarons, chicken fingers, french fries, a cup of coffee and a granola bar.  Alright, I guess the granola bar isn't really junk food. 

Here are some pictures from the day. (Notice most of them are of food).








Dad also took some pictures of our "martching BGs" (but sadly I do not have those photos to share with you!).  From about noon until the end of the day, our BGs were within 10 points of each other! (I don't think the correct word is "points" it would be "within 10 mg/dl of each other"  but I like to say points. Bear with me. Hehe).  I know you will all be thrilled to hear that aside from my basal injection (which I was still taking then as this was during my Saline trial on the pump), I didn't take a single unit of insulin all day!! ...I guess walking 9 miles will do that to you and your bg!

I don't have too much else to fill everyone in on except for the fact that I have now been pumping insulin for five days now and everything is going great! I've been coming a little lower than I expect after meals, but I think that it's a mixture of the pump being so precise (I'm used to 1 or 2 units. Not 1.45 units, etc) and my basal maybe needing fine tuning.  But I want a bit to get used to the pump before I dive back into basal testing. (Call me crazy).  Otherwise, no serious lows, no crazy highs, life is good in the insulin pump hood.

On the other hand, I saw this little gem while food shopping today:


I'm sorry, but I just have to say... What idiots.  On the other hand, what a nice suggestion - I think I WILL have cookies tonight, armed with nothing but a clear conscious and my handy dandy little insulin pump. <3

Alright, off to continue researching Easter recipes.  My first grown up Easter in my apartment instead of driving 6 hours home to be fed by my family!! Will be SURE to update everyone on my cooking (disasters). Hehe.

PS - Easter outfit. Ready. Set. Go. (I'm going to cut little holes in the pocket bag so my pump can rest cosily in there while the tube can continue right through to my body! Will be sure to post pics of that as well!)



Happy Sunday night and have a Happy Monday!! See you Wednesday at #DSMA perhaps! :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment